Monday, September 27, 2010

late night

I started this drawing for a friend of mine who is thinking about getting a robin tattoo on her shoulder. I had her in mind, but I also had Liam Finn on the brain as well. Music has so much influence on my drawings.


I drew this sweet little guy for my sister and I'm happy to say that it has been used as a cover up for a tattoo she has of her ex boyfriend's name. At last!!


The other night I was trying to figure out what to draw and my friend Lou suggested I draw us, and this is what came out. Everyone seems to like it, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. I think it's missing something, I may add a little ink wash to the background to make it feel grounded.


I gathered a few friends at a local boba tea house tonight for a drawing session, and I started this portrait. I'm very pleased with it so far, even though things are a little off, but hopefully I will ink the rest soon.

I'm up late. I left my friend Carrie's house with the intention of going right to sleep, but I'm feeling very inspired so I thought I'd do a little art update. I've been getting down with the illustrations and loving it, but I'm going to try to really dive into painting over the next few weeks. I've been asked to enter a piece into a group show for Dia De Los Muertos, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

It feels funny to be up so late. For the last 6 weeks I've been going up to bed at about 10 or as early as 9 every night and getting up at 6:30. I love it, I love getting up early in the morning, but for some reason it feels really good to be up right now. I feel mischievous and young, like those high school days where I would stay up and draw and listen to records.

I found myself feeling lonely earlier even though I was in the presence of good friends and now that I am by my lonesome I can feel them here with me. There's no reason to be lonely, just alone.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Pea! I didn't know you had a blog- we still need to get together and hang out. maybe once this insane heat dies down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes indeed. I was thinking about you today, i should have sent you a message, my last day of training is wednesday, so we should definitely get together soon.

    ReplyDelete